Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Stress of Jobloss

I have worked freelance in the feature film industry and several times in my life I have found myself out of work for long periods. Early on I realized that it was best to have avocations or dreams to fulfill that were personal and did not need money to do. I learned to eat simpler and better using beans and pulses and tofu and found this trimmed me up and gave me self esteem. I drove my car as seldom as possible and got my bike out and even today at 74 more often ride it or take public transport and this saves money and gives me exercise which is important for me as I am sedentary and prefer inactivity of a physical kind.

All these things help me but the main problem of no work is the worry of will I ever get another job and so I suffer to from insecurity, fear, impatience, panic even sometimes. I cope with all these using Bach Rescue Remedy to help me center and straighten up my perspective. It is best if you are interested to just Google Bach Flower Remedies. Edward Bach was an English doctor who opined that the mind/spirit split was the cause of all disease and dis-ease. I would have to say having used his remedies particularly his Rescue Remedy that he is right in this thinking as we are mind driven. This does not mean now having the problem at a physical plane the remedies will help us strengthen ourselves to the point of healing but certainly they will help. I make kits and the information about Bach and Rescue Remedy is My #1 Tromos Stress Remedy. You can find it documented at www.hollywoodsurvivalkit.com Go there to read about it or to Bach's site.

Being out of work is hardest on the mind and Bach remedies with no side effects are a great help.

Now if you cannot sleep properly because of an overactive mind at bed time my #6 remedy is great. It is homeopathic and also has no side effects.

I suggest you look at all the remedies and the understandings of Homeopathy at my site as the language is simple and they are all there because I and hundreds of workers on films led me to these as great remedies to begin with homeopathy as a way to heal. All the remedies I mention can be bought at most Natural health stores.

Watch your breath come in and out and the world will change as you calm yourself. It is perhaps the only lesson one needs to learn in dealing with stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment