Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Magic Numbers

Magic is a personal decision and so 2010 is officially magic in my lexicon of numbers. Sounds good doesn't it. Sort of foolish but then what we cannot know we can believe what we want. I can believe what I want.

Is it truer if more people believe it? Not if we cannot know. And yet the human over the centuries has created his belief systems mostly based on what he cannot know. Vast empires of religions have risen and fallen or lie stagnant waiting for a shriveling up and all are based on what we cannot know.

There is lots than we can know. Humans have the capacity to experience and learn from observation. We can store information and have learned to store it even into electronic space so we can gain experience even without experiencing things directly. Thus over time through experiences we can directly learn and know.

I have been one to learn mostly by experiencing first hand. It is only later in my life that words and what they mean have come more to the fore of my mind. My real experiences in life through film making, healing and teaching get me to this point of real confidence in the reality of what I can know.

What I cannot know is of use as well. As I get older I get both more controlled and wilder in my creativity at every level. I explore my curiosity continually for it challenges me at every turn.

I meditate. It helps me stay in charge of my mind more Slowly the wild child is settling down to perform the more serious work of the person I am. The healer, helper and motivator; the artist, creator and activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment