Wednesday, June 28, 2006

When I read the Times it illuminates

I read this article in the paper this morning and it speaks volumes about the problems with our medicines today.
Have a look.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/28/business/28foundation.html?ex=1152158400&en=2c137f657ca367d0&ei=5070&emc=eta1

It has some articles about side effects too. One of the horror stories about our so called testing periods for modern drugs is that the test time should be in many years not months. Most of the remedies in my kit have been used for more than 100 years and my use of them is for the same reasons that they were tested for. As "Like Treats Like" the way they find Homeopathic remedies and what they are good for is to give modestly large doses to test patients and catalogue how they respond to them. So that given large doses of coffee brings a hightened level of brain activity. So coffea the homeopathic remedy in my kit is for the overactive mind. Simple and straight forward and used for this for many, many years.

1 comment:

  1. MRS. TERRY E.MELTONJuly 9, 2007 at 5:55 AM

    I HAVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE. ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY IT AS I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AMONG OTHER WORK-RELATED MALADIES. I WAS IN CONSTRUCTION FOR 90% OF MY LIFE. WHILE THE MONEY WAS EXCELLENT, MY BODY TOOK A BEATING, SEEING HOW I AM A WOMAN. MY FORMER PHYSICIAN NOW PRACTICES IN SAN DIEGO WITH HOLLISTIC MEDICINES. IS THIS THE SAME AS YOURS? I FIND YOUR BLOG VERY INTERESTING. BYE NOW, TERRY & KELLI-WELLI (ARF ARF)(MIKE SACKETT'S NEIGHBOR)

    ReplyDelete